EMPIRICAL Research Development can provide a range of support including:
Do you need help to write your funding applications?
- Developing up your project idea to fit the opportunity
- Costing it out
- Selling your story
Do you need another 'set of eyes' on your application?
- Readability – are you thinking about the right audience?
- Selection criteria – are they addressed?
- Structural and copy editing - does it flow?
- Proofreading – the I’s the t’s and z’s!
- Budgets and justifications – does it make sense and is it sensible?
- Track records – right team, right expertise, right mix?
- PO contributions – are they relevant, are they feasible, are they sufficient?
- Eligibility and compliance – is it both?
Big bid DEVELOPMENT
Do you need someone to help you manage a large and complex application?
- Aligning funding opportunities & strategic planning
- Proposal planning and development
- Navigating administrative processes
- Budget development & costings
- Drafting of letters of support
- Proposal flow and structure advice
- Writing of budget justifications, track record sections, etc.
- Critical and detailed review of whole applications
- Liaison with funding agencies
- Team coordination
- Timeline management
- RMS/RGMS or other online data entry
Do you need a part-time or short-term manager for your virtual centre or large project?
- Strategic planning
- Facilitation of collaborative workshops
- Operational advice e.g. staffing, resource management
- Budget analysis, forecasting & risk mitigation
- Data collection and analysis
- Milestone monitoring and reporting
- Progress & Annual report writing
- Governance meetings & minuting
- Stakeholder liaison/engagement
- Newsletters and web content management
- Grant writing
- Career Development for Researchers
- Research Management
- Or ask us about a topic you have in mind!